Friday

R.I.P. JD SALINGER



Jerome David "J. D." Salinger (January 1, 1919 – January 27, 2010) was an American author, best known for his 1951 novel The Catcher in the Rye, as well as his reclusive nature. His last original published work was in 1965; he gave his last interview in 1980.
In 1974, in a rare interview given to The New York Times, he said: "I love to write. But I write just for myself and my own pleasure." In her memoir, his daughter Margaret Salinger noted that he did keep writing, and last year The Guardian reported that it was rumored he had "produced hundreds of short stories, and perhaps scores of novels over the past however-many decades." He had allegedly set up a detailed filing system for his unpublished manuscripts: "A red mark meant, if I die before I finish my work, publish this 'as is,' blue meant publish but edit first, and so on." Salinger died of natural causes on January 27, 2010, at his home in Cornish, New Hampshire.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More